One the most popular events thus far on Bradenton’s Riverwalk was the Pickin’ Picnic back in May. It was so popular there is already another edition in the works. It’s set for 4-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19.
Live music is the main attraction, but there’s also food and concession stands. You’re also welcome to bring your own food along with your blankets and lawn chairs.
• 4-5 p.m.: Faceless Bandits. A genre-defying band that eschews musical labels and say it’s “all about having a good time.”
• 5:15-6:15 p.m.: Geri X. A Bulgarian-born classically trained singer-songwriter who’s influenced by folk, psychedelic rock, Americana and post-rock and is known for intense performances.
• 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Waking Giants. A six-piece band that plays a distinctive blend of rock, blues, funk, world beat and electronic music .
• 7:45-8:45 p.m.: Muphin Chuckrs. Long-time area favorites who constantly re-invent their sound, but are rooted in new-school punk with touches of reggae, jazz, rock and metal.
• 9-10 p.m.: Have Gun, Will Travel. Perhaps Bradenton’s best-known band, they’ve been praised for their energetic and infectious songs.